This position is responsible for planning and executing logistics requirements necessary for the successful export orders to the customer’s satisfaction; ensuring activities are running smoothly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handles day to day operations, for Air Exports.
• Checks freight rates applied by carriers against our service contracts or agreed rates, also include request freight payment when applies.
• Schedules loading appointment with plant and/or customer based on product availability and request the service with the depot / truck company.
• Takes ownership of customer issues and facilitates the timely and effective resolution to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Processes all documents in accordance with carriers, customs and customers on timely manner and meeting the standards requirements.
• Understands implications and the impact on company revenue.
• Communicates the shipment status, extra charge details and issues to customers, sales, and overseas offices.
• Reviews and daily monitors shipment status reporting ensures all measurements standards are met.
• Understands and is familiar with KPIs/procedures/objectives and act in line with set targets.
• Drives continuous improvement opportunities to lower costs.
• Communicates daily with vendors, carriers, various service providers.
• Communicates with overseas customers or agents to answer inquiries or provide updates.
• Invoices and cost confirmations for proper Job Management.
• Monitors agreed service levels, identifies root cause when targets are not met, and advises management of potential service failures and/or trends.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 1 and typically 3 years’ experience. Requires Hazmat Certification, Requires IATA Certified Training Professional (CTP), Requires Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate.
• Computer skills required. Cargo Wise knowledge is preferred.
• Knowledge of logistic/ transportation industry experience or corresponding operations experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Ability to multitask and high level of organization skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Work Location: Onboard Logistics USA, Miami
• Monday to Friday
We provided a safe environment according to the CDC recommendations.