This position is responsible for overseeing the delivery of incoming goods and ensuring that they comply with customs regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Executes and implements operational activities according to customer requests and management direction.
• Provides sailing schedule information to customers.
• Researches and resolves customer complaints and freight discrepancies.
• Assists operations manager with end of month file close/reporting.
• Handles all NVOCC department functions, as well as data entry/retrieval on computerized systems.
• Arranges bookings and organized container movement and LCL with co-loaders.
• Provides efficient and reliable customer service in transporting ocean freight, air freight, Trucking, and rail.
• Duties and Taxes knowledge are required.
• Provides extensive follow up with customers daily to resolve inquiries and to ensure thorough customer service.
• Communicates with exporters, customers, consignees, customs brokers, agents, etc. on transportation status. (Track & Trace)
• Prepares all documents and invoices necessary for transporting freight on all modes of transport to ensure the flow of paperwork to the appropriate destinations and meets all government requirements.
• Establishes freight costs and provides quotations via (Ocean, Air, Truck, Rail) for shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, agents, and selecting which transportation companies to use.
• Deals with appointed truckers on inland moves throughout the United States.
• Provides issuance of Bills of lading, Dock receipts, Shipping instructions, delivery order, pickup.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED),
• At least 1 and typically 3 years’ Logistics experience. Requires Hazmat Certification, IATA Certified Training Professional (CTP), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate.
• Computer skills required. Cargo Wise knowledge is preferred.
• Knowledge of logistic/ transportation industry experience or corresponding operations experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Ability to multitask and high level of organization skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Work Location: Onboard Logistics USA, Miami
• Monday to Friday
We provided a safe environment according to the CDC recommendations.